Fibre update 26th June 2020
The installation of fibre to properties was originally planned to start in July 2020, but already around 1/3 of properties across Condado de Alhama have had Fibre installed by Cable Murcia early, which has been significantly aided by keyholders.
During July and August, we expect more properties to have their fibre installed as more people arrive for the summer.
There have been several properties where it was difficulty to install the fibre due to movement in the properties and the ducts from the street to the house becoming damaged. The types of trees planted around Condado de Alhama has been a major factor in this, which is being addressed separately. Individual owners affected by this have been contacted.
To date, Cable Murcia have not installed any fibres into the Penthouse and La Isla properties. This will be carried out in late July & August.
The fibre modems, allowing each property to connect to the new fibre network, are planned to arrive in early July.
Currently Condado de Alhama receives the internet via wireless connections. A new fibre will connect Condado de Alhama in August.
For owners not able to have their fibre installed this summer, there will be additional opportunities in December 2020 and early in 2021.
The installation and running cost of the new 100Mbs (megabits) fibre is included in the community fees already paid
Work on the new internet fibre installation by Cable Murcia has progressed quicker than planned. As a result, owners may be given the opportunity to have their fibre installed starting next week in certain areas that have been completed ahead of programme.
Whilst I appreciate that there are not significant numbers of residents on site presently, you may wish to have your keyholder assist in opening your property for the installation if you are not on Condado at the moment.
As planned there will still be opportunities in July/August 2020 and December 2020 to have the work completed, as well as bookable appointments in 2021, so the opportunity to have this installed is in ADDITION to the planned installation dates.
- The installation takes around 0.5 hours.
- It is only the physical fibre which will be installed, not the new service
- The new fibre modems are currently not in stock but are due to arrive in late June.
- Once the new modems arrive, the service will be activated. The activation will be very much quicker and easier in premises where the fibre is already installed
- Until the new modem is installed, you will continue to access internet via the existing coax system.
- At present a radio link provides internet to Condado. A new fibre link is expected to be completed in the summer, so whilst you may be connected to the new fibre router, you may not experience the full benefits until the new fibre link is connected.
- No responsibility will be taken by the community or Cable Murcia for any loss or damage during the installation. Owners need to make arrangements to be present or have a responsible person present during the installation.
- Security will monitor the installation process in each garden but not in individual properties