We remind you that all insurance issues or claims must be emailed to email@example.com which will be directed to the insurance broker who will attend you in Spanish or English. Please continue to copy in this email address in any insurance communication to ensure that our administrators remain copied in any replies you may have from the insurers.
Below is the agreed insurance protocol:-
DAMAGE CAUSED TO THIRD PARTIES BY OWNERS
When damage is caused to a property by filtration, before going ahead with compensating the affected party, the insurance company will oblige the owner of the upper terrace to repair the cause that has produced the damage. In order to prevent this from causing a long time delay, the owner having to carry out the repairs will have 15 days from the time that this is communicated.
If these 15 days elapse, the Community will inform him and will go ahead with fixing the damage at the expense at the owner causing the compensable damage.
The aim is to avoid a delay in repairs and compensation, as the person suffering the damage cannot under any circumstances suffer excessively from the consequences.
DAMAGE CAUSED TO THIRD PARTIES BY THE COMMUNITY
If the damage caused is due to a lack of maintenance of common areas by the community, this will be repaired by the Community itself as soon as possible.
DAMAGE DUE TO FAULTY PIPES
When there is a fault with a pipe going from the meter towards the interior of the property, this is the responsibility of the owner, and the repair of this is therefore payable by the owner.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY AN UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOUR
PROTOCOL to be followed:
1. The owner must inform the Community of the damage caused.
2. A claim will be opened with the community insurance, assigning a claim reference number.
3. The upstairs neighbour will be contacted, so that he can make a claim with his private home insurance.
4. Regular follow-up of the claim will be carried out by telephone and email.
5. The owner of the upstairs apartment must repair the cause of the fault within 15 days.
6. If this is not carried out within this time, the Community can take action to carry out the repair, passing the cost on to the owner who caused the damage.
7. The only aim is for the owner suffering the damage to be able to repair the damage in the shortest possible time and collect the compensation due to him.